Some businesses prefer to have their telephone system on their premises rather than “in the cloud.” Here at b4b we understand that, so we offer a powerful and flexible on-premise system working in partnership with LG-Ericsson, Avaya or NEC.
- LG-Ericsson – Ericsson-LG Enterprise’s unified communications platform is designed to meet all business communications needs. iPECS UCP is a ground-breaking innovative platform that provides out of the box Unified Communications.
- Users can use voice, video, instant messaging, conference calls and visual voicemail all on one simple and easy to use phone system
- Integration into standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook or Teams, as well as other CRM applications, means your communications are truly integrated.
- It is designed to deliver the flexibility you need as your organisation grows. Your communications can easily adapt to meet changing needs including remote working.
Many businesses are now making the decision to move their communication options to the Cloud. For many businesses that is certainly worth considering and will be a good option for some. You can read about Cloud Hosted phone systems by clicking here.
However, some businesses may be better off with an on-premise phone system. This may be due to modern cabling constraints, complex cordless requirements or integration in to onsite systems for compliance.
There are two main reasons when a business should consider an on-premise phone system
- If the broadband connection is poor, weak or not fibre broadband
- If you prefer your phone system installed on your company’s own servers and behind your firewall
For a cloud phone system to work, it is paramount that you have an excellent fibre broadband connection. The entire telephone system is connected via your broadband to the cloud.
That means every call and every connection will go through your broadband.
As such the broadband connection for your system needs to be of a high quality and it also needs to be very resilient.
Hosted (Cloud) phone systems are secure and safe, but some businesses simply want to have their data security in their own hands. This is especially true for any highly regulated industries.
An on-premise setup requires in-house server hardware, software licenses, and integration capabilities. Going forward the company will also need IT employees on hand to support and manage potential issues that may arise. The alternative to that is to have a maintenance contract.
At b4b we offer a good choice of telephone systems at competitive prices, and we will always recommend the best system for your business.
Our On-Premise systems are affordable and fully supported by our engineers and customer service teams.
Call us today for a free audit and no obligation quote of your requirements by calling 02890-748844