Data is one of the most important assets that any business has. Customer details, orders, payment details and accounts are all integral to successful business operations.
If this data is lost or compromised, it can have catastrophic consequences both in terms of efficiency and reputation.
Hardware or software failure, cyberattacks, human mistakes and natural disasters are some common causes of data loss that organisations must contend with.
It is for this reason that businesses of any size should avail of cloud backup services to ensure their data remains safe and secure.
So what exactly is the cloud?
The cloud refers to software and services that run on the Internet, instead of locally on your computer. Most cloud services can be accessed via a web browser, meaning that the key advantage is that information can be retrieved on any device with an Internet connection, from anywhere.
Cloud backup explained:
Cloud backup, also known as online backup or remote backup, is the process of transferring a copy of your files, applications or databases to a secondary, offsite location so that data can be quickly restored. This helps ensure your business runs as usual even when crises do occur, mitigating the impact of data loss and downtime.
Advantages of cloud backup:
- Scalable: With cloud backup, businesses can easily scale up to accommodate growing volumes of data.
- Cost-efficient: Cloud backup is highly cost-efficient compared to onsite data centres as there is no need to invest in expansive IT infrastructure
- Secure: As cloud backups are performed offsite, backed-up data is better protected against cyber-attacks.
- Accessible: Cloud backup offers 24/7 accessibility to data from anywhere and on a wide range of devices
- Manageable: As cloud backup is provided by experts, it requires limited or no management on the part of the business
b4b Group in partnership with Acronis Cloud offers business cyber backup that protects your workload, allows you to scale and saves you money.
Contact our team today on 02890748844 for more information and a free consultation.